Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Post your drum solos!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member CLWarunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by drumaddix:
    hey all,
    i'd like to use "you send it" but i don't know what recipient's email adress i should use.
    any help?
    thanks
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Simple: you send it to yourself!

    Just copy the link and paste it here... that's how everyone does it.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member WecklsMechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LDguy.... Great job buddy!!! You are definetly on the right track!! Do you have a teacher you've been working with??

    The Weckl minus drums is great isn't it?? I remember when Dave gave me that CD before it was even available. Improved my playing alot. But be careful not to "wecklize" yourself. It's really easy to pigeonhole yourself with his grooves. Love the "flip-side" time feel you seem to be getting comfortable with. Mix it all up!! It's the only way you're going to feel comfortable soloing in odd time and jumping time. At your age, there are guys twice your age without the sold time feel you have. Keep it up buddy!!

    Klemme you monster you!! I hear a little Jeff and a little Omar in your playing. Love the way you use the HH's and the cymbals.

    This band was called Media. Scott Collard of Steve Vai fame is the brains behind the recording, the AM radio special effect, and keys.... Bob Meir on bass.

    Enjoy!


    Track 4:

    http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...91LIZIO0YQ6EBU


    Track 5:

    http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...A19DWCNTCNQGPK

    ps.... I'm finding alot of old tapes from bands and I'm in the process of putting them on the computer. I'll post more when I have more.

    pss... the predominate lick is RLLRRLRLLRLL and just loops between the toms and the snare.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WecklsMechanic, I really love your playing, it's very tasty, great chops, so musical. Gotta ask you, what is that ride cymbal you're playing? I want one!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Anders Baarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2004
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey LD,

    About the Weckl tune:

    You are awesome, man, And don't worry about souding too Wecklish - I like what you have done to the tune, it not being totally what Weckl did. And the way you can lock in to the (irritating) hihat click on this track, is very impressive.

    You keep going [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Klemme:

    That's very good playing, and one can hear the Jeff in you - impressive.

    Skide godt [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] (danish for: "bad shit").

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Andy Edwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2004
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a selection of my playing for you...

    http://www.andyedwardsmusic.com/audio.htm

    don't be too harsh...

    currently recording some new material so this lot will probably go pretty soon so I thought I'd give them a final airing.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member maxdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi
    have some jazz-style solo clips on my website, http://www.massimodiscepoli.it , on the "sounds" section. Let me know if you like them!
    BTW, I'm using the K Custom Complex Dry on some clips , so you can check how it sounds

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 28, 2005 08:02 AM: Message edited by: maxdis ]</font>

  7. #27
    Inactive Member CLWarunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Though not solos, you can hear some of my recent playing here:

    Chris Warunki Drum Loops on HOD

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nothing that decent to post really, just this which I think most people heard already.

    http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM's%20Stuff/Zapata.mp3

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Andy Edwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2004
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LDGuy:
    Thanks for all the great feedback guys... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    @Wecklsmechanic: What is that snare your using??? Sounds awesome. Quite vinnie-ish. Love your playing...

    @Andy Edwards: Nice, nice stuff. I love the Meinl cymbals. I had a look around your site and you seem like an interesting player. Your pretty near to me as well (I live in Oxford), and I'm looking for lessons outside of college (I go to Trinity College of Music on saturdays to learn drums). Just a break of some sort cos my drum teacher there is a percussionist, and isn't actually as good as me on drums, plus i have to play on good kits. It would be cool to hook up for a lesson. I talk to my parents or something and PM you details.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be great...

  10. #30
    Inactive Member troutbrooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2005
    Posts
    904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a 'solo' I played on a CD that was released way back in 1989! I basically riffed out over a repeating pattern that the bassist (Adrian Davison) was playing. This is at the end of the song.... .South Berlinear (solo section)

    I'll have some newer and more interesting stuff in about a month when my latest offering is available

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 28, 2005 11:41 PM: Message edited by: drumming sort of person ]</font>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •